“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
Why is the world is against us? A Follower of Christ can be compared to an individual who has thrown off allegiance to the world, has disowned his country and refuses subjection to his culture, yet continues to dwell in the land he has renounced. This blatant rejection is something that the world will never forgive, nor will it forget that the life of a Believer is a constant rebuke.
Satan, the created, is also against us with all his cunning, strength, malice, and subtlety. But God, our faithful, covenant God, is for us. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 15:33). Moreover, Christ’s last words were, “Lo I am with you always; even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20).
God is for us, because He predestined us to be conformed into the image of Christ. He called us while we were still enemies. He justified us by wrapping us in the righteousness of Christ, and He will glorify in heaven living in the place He has prepared from the foundation of the world (Romans 8:29-30).
Since Jesus, the un-created, is for us, He who is infinitely wise has undertaken to direct us: He who is infinitely powerful has undertaken to protect us: He who is infinitely good has undertaken to save us. What cunning, strength, malice, or subtlety, can prevail against God’s wisdom, power, and goodness?
Thank you Father for watching over Your children. You never sleep or slumber. You are their keeper; You will keep them from evil and watch over them as they go out and when they come in, from this time forth and forevermore (Psalms 121:3-5;7-8). We give them into Your loving, gentle hands. Holy Father and our Lord Christ, teach us to pray continuously. Teach us to focus on Your work. Please teach us anew; give us a desire meditate on the word; quicken and awaken us as we read, meditate and sing of Your tender mercies. Amen.
- Thanking God for an anointing of prayer for the children in our communities.
- Teach us to pray for and bless children.
- For children to learn that there is a God in heaven, who is for them.
- For children to grow in faith and trust in knowing Jesus’s guidance and protection.
- For wisdom, discernment, heavenly guidance, and spiritual protection for the pastoral staff at the Bible Chapel. Pray blessings for the following ministries; children and youth, missions, outreach, and prayer. Pray for God to renew, restore and bring much spiritual refreshment (grace upon grace) during VBS.