During VBS: Go
“And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house” (Acts 16:32)
There is a story about an orphan in Laos who became a Christian after attending a church service. The child shared the gospel with others at the orphanage, and 10 more orphans trusted in Christ and began attending church!
The director of the orphanage sternly warned the children to stop attending church. Seven of the orphans agreed to quit going to church, but did not deny Jesus. The remaining four orphans still attend church. If they continue in their boldness, they could become homeless. Please pray for all the orphans.
Thank You, Lord for the story of these orphans. Thank You, that you are with them right now. We praise You that You are a Father to the fatherless. Thank You for fighting their battles and giving them justice. You alone maintain the rights of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue these weak and needy ones. Please deliver them from the hand of the wicked (Psalms 82: 3-5). Show them Your favor as they walk in Your light. Amen.
- Thanking God for being our living God.
- We pray for children who will attend VBS in Africa.
- Teach us to serve God continually and to abide in Him as we do it.
- For children to so love God that everything they do demonstrates that they are servants of the living God. Pray for unbelieving parents and orphanage workers to see God through the transformation of their children.
- For God’s church to care less for self-promotions, titles and positions, but to desire to live as servants of the living God.