A Prayer Guide for 2016
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man [profits] much. James 5:16B
- Pray that a powerful spiritual awakening will grip our communities, churches, and the nations, in the New Year (Eph 5:14-16; 1 Thes 5:5-10; Rev 16:15).
- Pray Christians will stand strong for Christ no matter the challenges (1 Cor 16:13-14). Pray for the persecuted Church around the world that He will grant strength and boldness to those who suffer the most and even pay the ultimate price for the cause of Christ (Heb 13:3).
- Pray that unsaved friends and loved ones will soften their hearts toward Christ (1 Pet 1:3-5; Acts 4:11-12; 13:47).
- Pray that God will strengthen our faith during crises and struggles and we would glorify Him in all things (Matt 5:16). Pray that our hearts would be fervent toward Him (1 Kings 8:58); Our spirits would be strong in faith (Eph 3:16-17); Our love for one another will grow (1 Peter 4:8); Our minds would be touched with understanding of His will (Phil 1:9-11; Col 1:9-11).
- Pray that your commitment to prayer for the lost will increase (Rom 9:1-3; 10:1).
- Pray that God will provide us with many opportunities to share Christ with friends, family, neighbors, and others during convenient and inconvenient times during this next year (Col 4:3; 1 Cor 16:9; 2 Cor 2:12)
- Pray for Christian friends and loved ones who will face difficult spiritual battles in the New Year (Jam 1:2-6; 1 Pet 1:6-7)
- Pray for children to form and/or continue a strong, lasting relationship with Christ (Acts 2:38-39).
- Pray for youth and young adults to form and/or continue a strong, lasting relationship with Christ. Pray that they will grow in faith, stand firm for Christ during times of temptation. Pray for favor and strength in the Lords might (2 Cor 12:10). Pray that they will grow as messengers of the gospel to friends and classmates throughout the New Year (2 Cor 8:23; Rom 15:20; 2 Cor 10:16).
- Pray for government officials and those in authority, that they will look to God for wisdom and guidance (Rom 13:1; 1 Tim 2:2)
- Pray for spiritual eyes to see, declare and throw off anything that hinders His message (Heb 12:2; 1 John 1:1).
- Pray that we will think about and do good works (Tit 3:1; Heb 10:24-25; 1 Tim 6:18).
- Pray that we will praise God more (Ps 67:3; 71:14; 79:13; 99:3; 146:1; Isa 42:10-12; 43:1-21).